<$BlogRSDURL$>

constructions

Wednesday, May 19, 2004

new media materiality and culture

I re-checked the program for the New media conference in Bergen next week, as I realized I could not give a comprehensive answer of the what's and who's of the conference when the question came up at lunch. Something about new media and materiality? It was kind of embarrassing as I plan to go (and have booked the flight and hotel). I was pleasantly surprised to see a new name on the list of speakers. Evidently Friedrich Kittler is coming together with a Jochen Brüning. Their talk is called The history of culture as a history of culture techniques and introduces session 3 on how mediated communication works in relation to perception, cultural experiences and social practices. Reading Gramophone, Film, Typewriter made me curious for more, and here he comes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment