<$BlogRSDURL$>

constructions

Monday, March 14, 2005

cruelty

I'm in a movie-going mood these days. Last seen: Ett hål i mitt hjärta by Lukas Moodysson. At least 6 people left the movie, which made me wonder why people are so provoked. The movie is definitely challenging, and most critics in Norway find it speculative and just too much. I constantly had to remind myself that this was a movie, that the actress Sanna Bråding wasn't really humiliated, Moodysson just makes it look that way by the combination of images, and when it looks like the male characters abuse her like when they force food into her mouth (it was disgustingly sadistic ) we are made to believe she was actually forced to eat obscene amounts of food. She wasn't really raped, she wasn't really abused. I'm definitely happy I watched the whole movie. Lukas Moodysson has these sort-of happy endings to his movies. Lilja 4-ever ends with suicide, but there's still a kind of happiness (angels and religiously and like). I find the same in Hål i mitt hjerta. But the movie should have the same ending as some movies have about animals. "No humans were hurt during the making of this movie."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment