<$BlogRSDURL$>

constructions

Friday, August 13, 2004

festival!

Today is the second day of Øyafestivalen: the best oppurtunity in the world to keep a jour with exciting Norwegian bands and a handful of interesting international names. The location for the festival is near perfect - in Middelalderparken (the Medieval Park ) in Gamlebyen, the oldest part of Oslo. Øyafestivalen is just so good-vibes. It reminds me of a mini-Roskilde festival. I love music-festivals. My pop/rock-festival biography: Roskilde in 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996; Quart-festival: 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001; and finally Øyafestivalen: 2003, 2004. I admit I find it very comfortable with a festival where I actually live.

Yesterday's best performances were without a doubt We (picture) and The Streets. We (the band) were very entertaining, which combined with quality psycedelic music made the concert a very nice experience. The Streets: I love Mike Skinner (sort of). Interestingly I observed a girl at one point towards the last half of the concert, find her camera-phone, take her picture and leave. Guess she now had documented her meeting with the Streets and was ready to go and see Air. I only saw/heard the last couple of songs that Air played, but really, I didn't mind. I loved their Moon Safari, but I don't consider Air to be an important concert-band.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment