<$BlogRSDURL$>

constructions

Wednesday, May 11, 2005

communication conference in Amsterdam

I want to go to the First European Communication Conference (the conference web-site didn't work very well with safari, but seems fine in Firefox) in Amsterdam in November. I have an almost finished paper called "Conceptualising personal media", which would have been perfect for the conference (I've been writing about this paper before). But I've decided to do this the hard way: to write an abstract for a paper I have not yet written (which is very common I guess). Deadline for sending in abstracts is 15th of May. I searched for online resources for writing good abstracts. These tips from the linguistics department at University of California seem good enough.

3 Comments:

Blogger Luca said...

I'm planning to send an abstract to the same conference too. Unfortunately the deadline is so close that I can hardly imagine how to get something good enough in such a short time. Thank you for the link, sounds interesting.

2:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have written only one abstract in my life. Unfortunately my teacher, who was thought to be supportive and helpful, eventually decided that the paper [to which the abstract was referred] itself was not good enough. He said: "come on guys, I know you could write something better". Of course we gave up! the title of the paper was "The idea of invariance: between mathematics and psychology". Is anybody interested in such a cool paper????????

6:54 PM  
Blogger Marika said...

hey, writing abstracts is sort of fun. Especially pretending to know exactly what the paper will be about. Before you've written it. As if. I have a vague idea of what I will write about though.

Nourdine, you should rewrite the paper as "The idea of invariance: between mathematics and communication". I have no idea what it would be like, but it would sound really cool :-)

10:58 PM  

Post a Comment