<$BlogRSDURL$>

constructions

Wednesday, August 31, 2005

meeting the pupils

I was somewhat worried on my way to Fredrikstad yesterday - would the pupils throw bits of rubber on me or fall asleep while I was talking or roll their eyes demonstrating their aggravation with me? Of course not. I had a great time, although my introductory 2 hour lecture might have been shortened somewhat. I had a lot of things to say though. All three groups intend to present their research as movies/documentaries. They are 2nd year pupils at media and communication, which means creating and creativity is important. The option of writing a 4000 word essay isn't as interesting to them. Oh, I was rather curious about the second research question of group 1: How do they [youth] cope living without [media]? Turns out they will do an experiment: they are going to live withouth media for two weeks. They will have to use computers for school-work, but that's it. No TV, no papers, no music, no IM, no e-mail, no phones. Oh, there's an additional exception. They are going to document their media-free lives through video-diaries.

I'm a little worried that they are more journalism-oriented than research-oriented, but I'm very excited to see how their projects will progress.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Marika
I was looking for stuff on Absent Presence and I stumbled onto your site. It is perfectly delightful, as, it seems, are you.
Chris

12:47 AM  

Post a Comment