<$BlogRSDURL$>

constructions

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

visiting scholars and web-presence

I wish I'd had a work-in-progress in a presentable stage for the PhD-workshops at our department yesterday and Monday. I didn't. Which meant I didn't have the opportunity to take advantage of our excellent visiting scholars this week: professor John Durham Peters (University of Iowa), professor Paddy Scannel (Westminster University), and professor Eric M. Rotenbuhler (Texas A&M University). Considering how interesting I found Peters book Speaking into the air I would of course have loved to have something to present.

No need to have a blog read by thousands. My visiting statistics show rather humble numbers, but people googling and searhing for stuff still reach my site. That's partly why I quite like having a blog. John D.P. had in fact read my post about his book and recognized me when we met at the workshop. I liked that.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

that's cool in itself. my numbers have plummeted massively too (especially since I started posting videos... i wonder if people don't 'get them')

those are some cool names to come visit..

3:56 PM  
Blogger i1277 said...

I stumbled in here via Google too, although indirectly (through the Underskog reference) - the Google Web Comments plugin for Firefox is handy indeed.

And I'm glad I did, it's a great find. Norwegian resources on on computer-mediated communication are more than welcome.

3:09 PM  
Blogger Marika said...

I love your vlog-posts Trine! Keep posting :-)

and i1277, I'm happy you found my modest blog. Thanks for kind words.

11:39 PM  
Blogger jean said...

so jealous about jdp - would love to hear more about what you chatted about

6:16 AM  

Post a Comment