<$BlogRSDURL$>

constructions

Thursday, September 06, 2007

transcending souls?

For the qualitative-minded researcher, the open-ended interview apparently offers the opportunity for an authentic gaze into the soul of the other... (Davd Silverman (2003) "Analyzing Talk and Text: 343).

In an otherwise interesting article, I believe Silverman reads too much into the intentions of researchers conducting qualitative interviews. This sentence really jumped out on me. I'm preparing two lectures in methodology that I agreed to do at the Department of Political Science. At first I regretted having said yes, but clearly it might just make me more prepared for critical methodological comments on my PdD-thesis. There, I immediately felt sick thinking about it. My defense, if it is approved will take place on the 19th of December. Touch wood.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment