<$BlogRSDURL$>

constructions

Thursday, October 27, 2005

music/spinning/vietnam

I'm so ready for the 18.15-spinning class at Centrum Athletica (warning: do not try to open this page in safari - these pages are beyond bad web-design). The instructor has a great play-list, including artists/songs like: Foo Fighters, The Streets, White Stripes (Jolene), Nancy Sinatra (Bang Bang from Kill Bill), Eminem, Queens of the Stone Age, Gluecifer. On the not-my-favourite-but-still-ok side: U2 (Vertigo, I admit - it's quite good), Marilyn Manson (cover on Personal Jesus, yeah - very cool). Oh, I think I'd love to be a spinning-instructor. My play-lists would blow you away. I actually think I'd rather be an instructor than a dj. Of some reason.

Update after work-out: He actually played Dolly Parton's original Jolene, no White Stripes at all. Jolene was a retro-hit long before White Stripes did it, right?

By the way: First two weeks in February I'm going to Vietnam with Lasse. Our plan is to cycle from Bao Loc (about 130 km northeast of Ho Chi Minh City) to Da lat, to Phan Rhang, and then follow the east-coast all the way to Hue. That'll be about 900 km. In ten days.

5 Comments:

Blogger Luca said...

well the playlist sounds quite good for spinning.... but how can you use also "bang bang you shot me down"???? :-) I adore that song but I can't imagine to do spinning listening to it.

7:46 PM  
Blogger Marika said...

bang bang wasn't part of the program today either. I can imagine why. I thought my version of it was a corrupted mp3-file because the vocal comes out of one loudspeaker and the music from the other loudspeaker. The instructor must have the same corrupted version though - it was the same. Which sounds kind of weird when you sit in the middle of two giant loudspeakers.

It's an interval-class: high pulse/lower pulse. So there are a few slower songs.

9:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've got 2 italian friends running a bar in a hotel somewhere in vietnam! wanna visit them? just let me know and I'll force them to put you guys up 4 a while!

10:04 PM  
Blogger Marika said...

I hope they run a bar in Hanoi, where we will eventually end up :-) With rather intense days on the bicycle, I'm not so sure I'm up for much bar-fun... Or maybe I will?

2:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love "bang bang..." but SPINNING!? oh no, i tried it once (about 6 years ago...) and i am still in pain... ;-)

7:19 PM  

Post a Comment