<$BlogRSDURL$>

constructions

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

who am I - tests

What is it about personality-tests? Why are they intriguing? Do we not already know whether we are introvert, extrovert, intellectual, practical, creative, artistic, healthy or whatever? Of course, I remember personality-tests from my teen-age magazines, but the Internet has clearly made a difference: tests are more elaborate, take ages to answer and you don't have to count your own score. According to the PersonalDNA-test ("you're true self revealed"), I'm an animated director, though I think the test presents me as much more extrovert than I actually am. Of course I have also taken tests at Tickle ("#1 Destination for Self-Discovery"), and every now and then I quite enjoy reading about the I as presented in these tests. Their popularity can evidently be understood in the context of the individualized society: people are expected to shape and construct their own lives (and personalities?).

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i truly dont know how i came across your thoughts but they seemed to be worded just for me. im probly paranoid and deserving of a strayjacket but i still felt compelled to bring this to your attention. to bring to both of our attentions that i think you helped me. if so its hiding from my conscious however. thankyou stranger

3:38 AM  

Post a Comment