<$BlogRSDURL$>

constructions

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Employer Branding strategies

I just talked to a guy from Universum Communication, an employer branding company offering help for companies who are searching for attractive employees. I declined to give a talk on a seminar in May about new approaches for recruiting people. I'm learning to say no to extra work assignments, that's good. But we had a brief and interesting conversation: there's very little unemployment in Norway, and the competition for the brightest people is tough. Hence, try advertising in Facebook? or any social network service, even MySpace? You have LinkedIn of course, but the point is that having a comprehensive online presence does not at all imply less chances of a future career. Quite the contrary.

Given the beneficial conditions for well-qualified people in Norway, I should have pretty good chances of finding interesting work after my PhD?

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

You shouldn't write this on your blog! Norway will be inundated with unemployed Australian PhD students! xx

1:58 AM  
Blogger Marika said...

oh, I wouldn't mind :)

7:44 AM  
Blogger trine said...

i thought you'd want to stay in academia? what are the prospects there?

2:14 PM  
Blogger Marika said...

I would absolutely love to stay in academia, and most of all, here at IMK, but I don't consider that to be very realistic: too few vacancies and lots of qualified academics. Besides who knows, I might enjoy working outside the university?

3:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

All the best in you thesis. I know how though that can be as I am facing it myself!!

Keep up the discipline!

Jason

2:02 PM  

Post a Comment