<$BlogRSDURL$>

constructions

Tuesday, May 24, 2005

my best concert memory

I'm importing cd's to my powerbook. Need music to my portable music device (eh, iPod). I've just imported Grant Lee Buffalo's Mighty Joe Moon. I haven't listened to it much lately. But I remember the magic of Grant Lee Phillips playing at Rockefeller in the autumn 1994 - I think it's the best concert I've ever been to. I was 19 and had to go alone as my usually rather music-enthusiastic friends didn't feel like going. That was so their loss. I remember drinking about a bottle of wine with the same friends before going. Sort of nervous to be on my own. I remember meeting another loner at Rockefeller, rather good-looking my age and kind of type. We were friends then and there. Sharing a rather memorable concert. Everything was so right: the music, the lights, the audience and the soft pushes from people around me. Always at the first row, but a little to the left. Look, somebody published the concert playlist.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment