<$BlogRSDURL$>

constructions

Thursday, March 09, 2006

the man in black

I saw (and heard) Walk the Line yesterday, and I loved it. I'm so happy they didn't make it into an epic "the whole life of Johnny Cash and June Carter"-movie. I rarely find scenes where thirty-somethings are transformed into old people very convincing. This is partly what bugs me with Brokeback Mountain (though it's a decent movie), and I'm especialy referring to Jake Gyllenhaal.

I came home just in time for an edited version of Oscar on NRK. I don't mind Reese Witherspoon winning the best actress-prize, she was pretty good. Joaquin Phoenix was great though.

By the way: Johnny Cash, June Carter, Elvis Presley and Jerry Lee Lewis is a pretty good line-up for a concert. I didn't know they used to tour together.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

By a remarkable (ok... not very) coincidence I just saw it myself. I watched the flick in a haze of bliss. Good tunes and a story that knew to stop while ahead.

-m

1:59 PM  

Post a Comment