<$BlogRSDURL$>

constructions

Thursday, October 12, 2006

my final phd-article

I'm so not interested in revising previous articles at the moment. Thinking and taking notes for a new article is much more tempting. I haven't even been sure what my final PhD-article will be about, but my plan is to kind of have a draft ready when I leave Brisbane just before Christmas. I have two alternatives: 1) My work so far slightly overemphasises the social aspects of being present online. The human will to create is hardly in focus at all. 2) Matters of privacy - important of course as users are more than willing to share private information online. And *ta da* I have made up my mind, as a visitor at QUT I shold obviously go for the first alternative. I'm reading Rob Pope's Creativity: Theory, History, Practice, which seems to be a pretty good place to start to get a theoretically solid understanding of creativity. Importantly one of Pope's aims with the book is to recognise that 'being creative' is, at least potentially, the natural and normal state of anyone healthy in a sane and stimulating community, and that realising that potential is as much a matter of collaboration and 'co-creation' as of splendid or miserable isolation (page xvi).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment