<$BlogRSDURL$>

constructions

Thursday, September 21, 2006

revision-time

I'm re-writing my thesis-article #2. I submitted it to Journal of computer-mediated communication, and received the reviews a couple of months ago. One of the reviewers writes that I need a stronger theoretical framework and more compelling research questions. I thought I had a theoretical framework and rather interesting research questions! Actually I do see that the reviewer has a point, and I am after all happy to be invited to resubmit. I think I know what do to with the article, and I have tried to clarify the theoretical framework and rephrased the research question.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sometimes if you don't waste a lot of lines quoting all the theories you're going to use it seems that you "need a stronger theoretical framwork". That's strange I think that theoretical framwork should "emerge" from the research.. one should be able to recognize theories from the research steps you've made. Obviously I might be wrong... :-) good luck with your re-writing.

4:31 PM  
Blogger Marika said...

I have 54 references in the article, but I think the reviewer is still right when (s)he claims that it lacks a stronger theoretical framework. The framwork is there, but I need to elaborate it somewhat more.

10:44 AM  

Post a Comment