<$BlogRSDURL$>

constructions

Friday, June 03, 2005

mad tv

I admit that I enjoy a wide variety of TV-genres, and I'm not easily shocked or offended by popular-culture. Driving Mum and Dad mad (Monsterbarna) might just be the exception. I watched it with a friend yesterday, and... some parts were just terrible. Watching parents scream to their children (and to each other) was too much. One mum actually kicked after her little Aaron. The idea of helping dysfunctional families is fine, and I can even see that the program has some kind of pedagogical function. But some of these families should really have been protected from exposing their problems for the whole world to see. The back-regions of their lives were at times definitely too exposed, and I can't ever remember vitnessing similar exposure of private life in a public sphere. Will I watch it again?

Btw, I really look forward to being a mum at some point in life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment