<$BlogRSDURL$>

constructions

Thursday, May 25, 2006

hm, time to clean the computer screen, is it?

I was sitting comfortably, powerbook in my lap, legs on the table, my back to the livingroom window. Problem was, I could hardly see through the dirty screen. Weird how I've negelcted cleaning it as it doesn't take much:

To clean your PowerBook screen, do the following:
Shut down your PowerBook and remove the battery.
Dampen a clean, soft, lint-free cloth or paper with water only and wipe the screen. Do not spray liquid directly on the screen.
(from powerbook - care and handling).

Sort of embarrassing thing to share, everybody else probably clean their displays like once every week.

4 Comments:

Blogger Linn Søvig said...

Naw, I wouldn't count on it! Note that the instructions tell you it must be off, which enables a practice most uncommon to most of us.

12:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I cleaned that part of the iBook that is just left of the trackpad... where you are used to place your left hand. Well... I discovered that what was supposed to be white wasn't white at all! :-) The real white was hidden behind a thick layer of mysterious matter. :-) Now everything is back to the original white, but I'm not so brave to start thinking about screen cleaning... I could discover that all the colors are not as I'm sure they are.

2:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh god no! and ive got traces of all sorts of horrid things on mine... helene sneezing all over it being one of them. nice.

did it work though? is it as good as new?

6:19 PM  
Blogger Marika said...

It feels good to know I'm not the only one!

And yes, my screen looks brand new. I even got away the keyboard marks from the screen. I actually thought were stuck there forever.

5:28 PM  

Post a Comment