<$BlogRSDURL$>

constructions

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

special issue on the dynamics of personal networks

Social Networks has a theme-issue on the dynamics of personal networks: Volume 27, issue 4. I especially find Christian Licoppe and Zbigniew Smoreda's artcle "Are social networks technologically embedded? How networks are changing today with changes in communication technology" interesting and well-written.

On the downside: Two months ago I finally submitted an article where I raise similar questions. I doubt it will be accepted for publication though. I'm not trying to be girlishy insecure, I just don't think it's a very original contribution. Then again, although I enjoyed reading Licoppe and Smoreda's article, I wasn't very surprised by their analysis or conclusion (connected presence, reaffirming and reshaping the strength of social ties, choice of medium and production/reproduction of social structures).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment