<$BlogRSDURL$>

constructions

Sunday, June 04, 2006

Ethos

It's been a busy week: I attended the Ethos-conference on Tuesday, arranged by the Norwegian Ministry of Justice and the Police and then a conference for scholars financed by The Norwegian Council of Norway's, research program "Communication, ICT and Media" on Wednesday and Thursday. The Ethos-conference aimed to discuss different aspect of privacy in a modern, technologised society and whether the right to privacy should in fact be constitutionally grounded. I was a little nervous for the Ethos-conference, basically because I was going to talk to a mixed (non-academic) audience (as well as a rather large audience), and because my given assignment was to give the middle-aged people an in-your-face presentation of how young people present themselves online. Yet clearly I didn't want to let young people down by one-sidedly criticise their online practices. My presentation went just fine, my voice didn't tremble, and I think I succeeded in giving a balanced point of view. My research is clearly very relevant in discussions of privacy, though the conference of course concerned much more (e.g. surveillance, commercial use and archiving of personal information).

Oh, digi.no refers to my presentation and research. It's ok, though the focus of the article is somewhat more worried than I am.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pentagon sets its sights on social networking websites

Og om du (eller noen) skulle være interesert, så har jeg skrevet et referat fra konferansen.

12:09 AM  
Blogger Marika said...

Det er fint når noen deler konferanse-notatene sine!

3:10 PM  

Post a Comment