<$BlogRSDURL$>

constructions

Monday, July 10, 2006

writing puzzle

How on earth am I going to write about conceptions of (social) identity, self and subjectivity from perspectives of pragmatism (Cooley, Mead), discourse-theory (Foucault), symbolic/social interactionism (Blumer, Goffman), postmodernism (Lury, Turkle) and perhaps a dash of feminism (Butler) - all within a few pages? I need to write about self and subjectivity in a comprehesive and relevant way for my new article about how mediated digital expressions convey (re)presentations of self. This is not really a cry for help, I already have too many books that try to discuss the self from various theoretical perspectives. I especially like Giddens's Modernity and self-identity (of course) as well as Richard Jenkins's Social identity and Nick Mansfield's Subjectivity.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment