<$BlogRSDURL$>

constructions

Thursday, June 15, 2006

information overload and nostalgia

I'm caught in a neverending whirlwind taking me from one debate to another, from private weblogs via metafilter discussions to reader-debates on db.no. I'm very anxious to see what my aoIR-paper will end up like.

This work has lead me to several weblog-posts about the Roskilde music-festival by users aged 18, 19, 20. Reading about their plans makes me so nostalgic! I had the best time there in 1993, 1994, 1995 (and a pretty good time in 1996). My friends and I being young, bold and beautiful, surrounded by quality music everywhere, sun (well 1993 was partly rainy, but still great), and the best atmosphere. 1994 was especially good, truely magnificent. It didn't matter that I had to hump around on crutches for most of the festival after an accident on the Rage Against the Machine concert where I found myself underneath a mass of people. Had to spend a few hours at the first aid camp and then at the hospital, but I was 19 and fit so some plaster and crutches were not going to be an issue.

I have to scan some old photos and post them on Flickr so you can see how good it was!

Now however, back to the whirlwind, see where it takes me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment