<$BlogRSDURL$>

constructions

Monday, June 05, 2006

self-portraits

Ho Chi Minh Museum "Besides, sometimes I take self-portraits and have to lean the camera to rocks and stuff". Blush. I meant to say "use the self-timer". I was at the Foto og Video-store explaining the (ultra-) tiny scratch-marks on my camera. I've had problems with my Canon Powershot S70 for a long time, and last weekend it totally died. Hopefully the lab won't make any problems and just repair the camera free of charge (I bought it 11 months ago). I have in fact been treating it carefully (despite the insinuations from the seller at the store). So why did I find it embarrassing to say that I occassionally take self-portraits? As if my flickr-photos do not already show a good share of self-portraits.

2 Comments:

Blogger trine said...

i think in the age of camera phones and the likes, more and more self-portraits are being taken. Just stroll through MySpace and goodness, how many (albeit asymmetrical) self-protraitscan you spot!

But i think admitting it can be a bit strange. wait till you get a new MacBook with the built in iSight and photobooth! you can have hours of fun in there... ;-)

12:45 PM  
Blogger Marika said...

That's exactly it. And I love to watch other people's self-portraits: there's often a clear difference in the expressions if compared to regular portraits.

I just got an sms from Foto og Video. My camera has been fixed, hooray!

2:19 PM  

Post a Comment