<$BlogRSDURL$>

constructions

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

ultimate communication breakdown

Every morning I listen to experts explaining the immense complexity of the Israel-Hezbollah war. There are additionally too many opinions published in the newspapers. I don't even intend to look at the reader-discussions following articles in Aftenposten and Dagbladet. Or keep track of the multitude of weblogs and youtube-users from Lebanon. A week ago Aftenposten's youth-opinions page Si-D published a well written and interesting comment from 16-year old Rafia who argued that the Israel-Hezbollah war must be seen within a broader context and cannot be explained merely with reference to the kidnapping of the two Israeli soldiers. The next morning a researcher from the University of Oslo (didn't get her name) basically said the same things on NRK's news-morning. Their opinions were in fact strikingly similar. I don't pretend to know the right answers, but I notice how I find some opinions and arguments more convincing. I guess war is communication in a way, but it is simultaneously the ultimate sign of communication breakdown.

I just know that my favourite veggie meat-substitute products from Nutana do not taste as good as they used to. Nutana's products are produced in Israel. I didn't even know until this summer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment