<$BlogRSDURL$>

constructions

Friday, January 05, 2007

home sweet home

You know I had the best time in Brisbane. Home's good too though: a few things I like about being back home:
  • It's home!
  • Being back in my office, I'm one lucky PhD-student!
  • Family, friends, colleges
  • My own bicycle (which is brand new btw, my Xmas-present from Lasse)
  • Winter. Though the weather hardly qualifies as winter, there's no snow and yesterday we had 8 degrees. The climate worries me (please travel "climate-neutral")
  • The workout-facilities at the University: first-class equipment, the best instructors and the best venues.
  • Reasonably priced fruit and vegetables
  • Newspapers
  • TV
  • Real broadband connection

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Jill said...

I know about loving home! But the thing about the vegetables and fruit surprised me - I've found them cheaper in Australia than here, but maybe not in Brisbane? One of my favourite things about Australia is all the fresh foods!!!

3:28 PM  
Blogger Marika said...

Vegetables and fruits are less expensive and at least of the same quality in Oslo. Though Brisbane has a wonderful market every Saturday (thanks to Oksana and Jaz for showing me :-) where prices were half of the Woolworth/Coles-prices.

Interesting thing is of course that I expect everything to be less expensive than in Norway.

4:36 PM  

Post a Comment